Jerusalem Post, The: Web Edition Articles (Israel)
- NewsBank (60246)
- Education abroad comes with a high cost for Israeli students
Israeli students have sought higher education opportunities worldwide at increasingly high rates. Though the cost of a university education in Israel may be high, many students seek opportunities to study abroad at a higher cost. From speciality education to semester experiences, Israeli students are paying the price of experience.
- JPost at 90: Nostalgic hoarding of newspaper's highlights - opinion
I have been reading – and writing for – The Jerusalem Post for nearly a third of the publication's 90-year existence. I've also done something else that's been less lucrative but for which I feel an irresistible compulsion: clipping articles of interest.
- JPost at 90: The power of a story - opinion
I began writing regularly for The Jerusalem Post at the end of 1999, after responding to a column that so incensed me that I felt compelled to respond. That column celebrated the decision of the writer's healthy 18-year-old son not to serve in the IDF, while my sons had become IDF officers. The editors of the Post offered me a personal column, in which I have subsequently shared my joys and sorrows and documented the miracles of Israel.
- Amazon will not pull antisemitic movie promoted by Kyrie Irving, says Jewish CEO
Bucking weeks of public pressure from Jewish groups, celebrities and the Brooklyn Nets, Amazon will not stop selling an antisemitic documentary on its service that was promoted by NBA star Kyrie Irving.
- 'Crypto-Gelt' introduced by Manischewitz ahead of Hanukkah
Kosher food producer Manischewitz announced Thursday that they will sell "Crypto-Gelt" this Hanukkah in keeping with the Cryptocurrency craze that has shaken global economics.
- New semi-aquatic theropod dinosaur was discovered in Mongolia
A new dinosaur species was recently discovered in Mongolia. Analysis of the extinct reptile's skeletal structure reveals that while it was of the same taxonomical clade as the T-rex and other bipedal carnivorous dinosaurs, it was also specially adapted for aquatic activities.
- Synagogues are joining an 'effective altruism' initiative. Will Sam Bankman-Fried scandal stop them
(JTA) — A few years ago, Adam Azari was frustrated over how little he could do to alleviate suffering in the world with his modest income as a writer and caretaker for people with disabilities.
- Brains of teenagers have physically aged due to stress caused by pandemic - study
The brains of adolescent teenagers have been altered physically as a result of the stress they have felt that's been caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, a new study conducted by Stanford University has shown.
- Kanye West's Twitter account suspended by Elon Musk for incitement to violence
Kanye West's Twitter account was suspended on Friday morning after a tweet from Elon Musk explaining that the rapper again violated the rule against incitement to violence.
- The sequel to the Holocaust novel 'Boy in the Striped Pajamas' is here. Its author has no regrets.
(JTA) – At one point in John Boyne's new novel "All The Broken Places," a 91-year-old German woman recalls, for the first time, her encounter with a young Jewish boy in the Auschwitz death camp 80 years prior.
- Meet Ilya Galant: The man who tried to redefine Ukrainian Jewish history
Ilya Galant was an important (but little known) Jewish-Russian-Ukrainian historian and political liberal, who wanted to legitimize the rights of Jews in Russia and "normalize" their presence in Ukraine. In order to do this, he interpreted history creatively, showing Jewish-Ukrainian...
- The haredi-Christian tragedy and the idol worship of Talmud Torah
While it is known that I do not agree with various aspects of the haredi outlook, I still respect this world very much for its passion and its many wonderful characteristics. And it is exactly because of this that I hope that by writing this essay I am making a small contribution toward helping the ...
- NFT – the greater the potential, the greater the risk
'One of the primary concerns about the NFT market is that it serves as a tool for money laundering and terrorist financing," says Michal Luzzatto, managing partner of the Luzzatto Law Firm, specializing in copyright law....
- Fleetwood Mac's Peter Green saluted with film, album
Few music legends have burned as brightly or faded as quickly and tragically as the late Peter Green, the brilliant guitarist, singer and songwriter who in 1967 founded the English blues band Fleetwood Mac and steered it to rock stardom before quitting in 1970....
- Israel's baseball team swings for gold at Tokyo Olympics
The Israeli Olympic baseball team competing in Tokyo carries with it a nine-year history of top-level international tournament play, but beyond that experience, its members are bound together by deeper ties....
- Tower of David Museum to hold four-day digital art, NFT festival
Hands up, anyone who knows what NFT stands for. How about DAO? Or what is a metaverse? How about blockchain?...
- Top defense official tells 'Post' how Israel confronts quantum age
It may have started slow, but Israel is now barreling ahead at full speed to confront the challenges and opportunities of the quantum computing age which is just over the horizon....
- Israel should salvage a lost opportunity to disarm Hamas - opinion
This time should have been different. Minimizing Hamas's motivation to murder Israeli civilians is insufficient. Its capabilities to do so should have been destroyed. Its ability to terrorize men, women and children must be crushed; not simply deterred but dismantled. We have learned, time and...
- Israeli activists demand action against animal agriculture at climate conference
Israeli activists joined colleagues from across the world to demand that governments work to cut back on animal agriculture and encourage vegan diets at the Bonn Climate Change Conference in Germany this past week....
- Aliyah and Law: How foreign lawyers immigrate - opinion
You are a US or a UK lawyer who finally decided to move forward with your long-life dream of making aliyah. Congratulations and good luck – this life-changing transition comes with many questions regarding you and your family's future in the Holy Land....