JD Supra Israel
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. (29)
- White & Case LLP (17)
- Fenwick & West LLP (7)
- Holland & Knight LLP (4)
- Dentons (2)
- Cozen O'Connor (2)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (2)
- Allen & Overy LLP (2)
- Sullivan & Worcester (2)
- International Lawyers Network (2)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (2)
- Mintz (2)
- Orrick - Financial Industry Review (1)
- BakerHostetler (1)
- Cohen & Gresser LLP (1)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (1)
- Knobbe Martens (1)
- Goodwin (1)
- Planet Depos, LLC (1)
- Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC (1)
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) (1)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (1)
- Sanford Millar (1)
- Mintz - Health Care Viewpoints (1)
- Morgan Lewis (1)
- McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (1)
- Modifications to an Apartment at the Purchaser's Request Do Not Constitute Just Cause for Late Delivery of Possession
A recent judgment by the Hadera Magistrate’s Court upends the common view currently reflected in agreements for the purchase of an apartment from a developer. The ruling holds that modifications to an apartment made at a purchaser’s request do not constitute just cause for late delivery and that the purchaser must be compensated for any delay.
- What You Should Know before Launching a Website or App
When a company is looking to start operating online via a website or an app, it must ensure its relationship with its users is defined not only from a marketing point of view but also from a legal perspective.
- The Companies Registrar Rears Its Head – Financial Sanctions for Failing to File Reports
In the past, when companies failed to submit annual reports, the Companies Registrar was satisfied with issuing warning letters. However, recently, we have noticed a change in policy, as the Companies Registrar has increased enforcement efforts, imposing fines amounting to a few thousand shekels on companies that do not comply with the requirements.
- Addressing 'Deep Fake' Scans Is Critical Amid Tech Advances
Report on Patient Privacy Volume 19, Number 11. November 2019 - “Deep fake” radiology scans - with altered results falsely showing either fake cancerous nodes or a clear scan where the patient actually has cancer - are poised to spread, Israeli researchers warn, and health care entities need to take steps to guard against attacks, along with teaching providers to recognize signs that a scan has been altered.
- IVC Research Center and ZAG/Sullivan Q3/2019 Israeli High-Tech Capital Raising Report - Israeli High-Tech Companies Raised $2.24 Billion in 142 Deals in Q3/2019
Tel Aviv, Israel. Israeli high-tech companies raised $2.24 billion in the third quarter of 2019, the highest quarterly amount since 2013. While the amount raised in Q3 kept pace with amounts raised in Q2/2019, deal numbers increased compared to the previous quarter (128 deals) and Q3/2018 (119 deals).
- Israel steps on the gas in the autotech race
Despite not being an automotive hub historically, Israel has emerged as a hotbed of innovation for the industry. The convergence of technology with other sectors has been the driving force behind much of Israel’s tech boom in the past decade. And in 2017, Intel’s acquisition of Mobileye, a developer of ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems), for US$15 billion thrust Israel’s automotive technology (autotech) industry firmly into the spotlight.
- Politics at Workplace
The election for the 22nd Knesset will be held on September 17, 2019. This is the first time in Israel’s political history that two elections for the Knesset will take place in the same year. Election Day is a statutory holiday. An employee who has worked at least 14 consecutive days prior to Election Day for the same employer or at the same workplace is entitled to wages for Election Day.
- Israel Securities Authority Working to Launch Securitization Market in Israel
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) recently published an advisory document for public comment ahead of the publication of a legal memorandum for the regulation of the securitization field in Israel.
- Initiative to Increase Population Density in Residences
The National Committee for Planning and Construction has approved the Planning Administration’s initiative to amend the provisions of TAMA 35. The planned amendment will update the calculation method for the level of population density, from the number of residential units per square kilometer to the number of persons per square kilometer.
- Supreme Court Dismisses Nespresso Suit against Espresso Club
The Supreme Court recently dismissed an appeal by Nestlé, the Swiss multinational food and drink processing conglomerate, and its subsidiary corporation Nespresso, filed against our client, the Israeli company Expresso Club. The appeal claimed copyright and trademark infringement, unfair competition, and damage to Nespresso’s reputation.
- The Schrems Saga Continues: Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority Revokes Transfer Authorizations
Citing the European Court of Justice’s (ECJ) October 6, 2015 decision in Schrems v. Data Protection Commissioner, which invalidated the EU Commission’s Safe Harbor decision, the Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority (ILITA) announced, on October 19, 2015, that it was revoking its prior...
- Thoughts for Board and Senior Management of Israeli Public Companies
We have set out below observations for board members and senior management of Israeli companies based on our experiences of the last year....
- Outlook for M&A in Israel: Execs expect the bull run to continue: Israel M&A, by the numbers
Our third annual survey finds that a bullish outlook and the ascendance of domestic and Asian buyers could make 2019 a standout year.... ...Selected charts provide an overview of 2018 performance, including M&A value and volume, top deals, leading sectors and top inbound bidders....
- Israel Securities Authority Demands Being Granted Authority to Supervise Underwriters and Distributors
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) recently published a proposal for amending the Securities Law as to the supervision of underwriters and distributors. The ISA aims to add a section to the law that would authorize it to establish regulations for underwriters and distributors for purposes of...
- Initiative to Increase Population Density in Residences
The National Committee for Planning and Construction has approved the Planning Administration’s initiative to amend the provisions of TAMA 35. The planned amendment will update the calculation method for the level of population density, from the number of residential units per square kilometer to...
- Trends in Legal Terms in Venture Financings in Israel - (2009 Annual Survey)
We have analyzed the terms of venture financings for Israeli and Israeli-related technology companies that reported raising money in 2009. Our survey does not include financing rounds of less than US $500,000. The tables below also show, for purposes of comparison, the results of our previously...
- Trends in Legal Terms in Venture Financings in Israel - First Half 2015
Background —We have analyzed the terms of venture financings for Israeli and Israeli-related technology companies that reported raising money during H1 2015. Our survey does not include financing rounds of less than US $500,000. The tables below also show, for purposes of comparison, the results of ...
- Israeli Supreme Court grants injunctive relief to Bitcoin trading company against its bank
On 25 February 2018, the Israeli Supreme Court, in what appears to be a landmark decision, granted temporary relief in favour of a crypto-currency (Bitcoin) trading company, Bits of Gold Limited (BoG) against its bank, Bank Leumi (Leumi)....
- Outlook for M&A in Israel: Execs expect the bull run to continue: Optimism about M&A is stronger than ever
Deals targeting Israeli companies hit an all-time high of US$26.5 billion in 2018, from 103 deals—an increase of 4.5 percent in terms of value compared to 2017. Much of this increase was due to a jump in domestic dealmaking, which increased 178 percent over 2018 to almost US$8.1 billion as deal...
- Bill to Amend the Investment Advice Law to Allow General Investment Advice without a License
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) recently published a draft bill for the Regulation of Investment Advice, Investment Marketing and Investment Portfolio Management Law, 5755-1995 (the “Advice Law”). The purpose of the bill is to regulate the area of of general investment advice services and to ...