JD Supra Israel
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. (27)
- White & Case LLP (16)
- Fenwick & West LLP (7)
- Holland & Knight LLP (4)
- Dentons (2)
- Cozen O'Connor (2)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (2)
- Allen & Overy LLP (2)
- International Lawyers Network (2)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (2)
- Mintz (2)
- Orrick - Structured Finance Group (1)
- BakerHostetler (1)
- Cohen & Gresser LLP (1)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (1)
- Knobbe Martens (1)
- Goodwin (1)
- Planet Depos, LLC (1)
- Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC (1)
- Sullivan & Worcester (1)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (1)
- Sanford Millar (1)
- Mintz - Health Care Viewpoints (1)
- Morgan Lewis (1)
- McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (1)
- Israel Securities Authority Working to Launch Securitization Market in Israel
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) recently published an advisory document for public comment ahead of the publication of a legal memorandum for the regulation of the securitization field in Israel.
- Politics at Workplace
The election for the 22nd Knesset will be held on September 17, 2019. This is the first time in Israel’s political history that two elections for the Knesset will take place in the same year. Election Day is a statutory holiday. An employee who has worked at least 14 consecutive days prior to Election Day for the same employer or at the same workplace is entitled to wages for Election Day.
- Initiative to Increase Population Density in Residences
The National Committee for Planning and Construction has approved the Planning Administration’s initiative to amend the provisions of TAMA 35. The planned amendment will update the calculation method for the level of population density, from the number of residential units per square kilometer to the number of persons per square kilometer.
- Supreme Court Dismisses Nespresso Suit against Espresso Club
The Supreme Court recently dismissed an appeal by Nestlé, the Swiss multinational food and drink processing conglomerate, and its subsidiary corporation Nespresso, filed against our client, the Israeli company Expresso Club. The appeal claimed copyright and trademark infringement, unfair competition, and damage to Nespresso’s reputation.
- The Gap between Increasing the Agricultural Value Chain and Regulation
There is no dispute as to the national importance of agriculture. Over many decades, agriculture has been synonymous with “settlement,” “pioneering,” and “Zionism.” Jewish immigrants arrived from all corners of the diaspora, settled, worked the land, and made the wilderness flower. Indeed, continuously since then, Israeli farmers have won international recognition and Israeli agriculture has become renowned around the world.
- The High Court of Justice's Policy on Workplace Sexual Harassment in Israel
The National Israeli Labor Court is an independent tribunal and thus only rarely does the High Court of Justice (HCJ) intervene in its decisions. Recently, in an unusual move, the HCJ twice reversed the rulings of the National Labor Court. In both cases as part of its policy to eliminate the phenomenon of workplace sexual harassment.
- Entities with Relatively Small Market Shares May Also Be Deemed Monopolies
Six months after the amendment to the Economic Competition Law took effect, the Competition Authority published its position regarding the circumstances in which even an entity with less than a 50% market share may be deemed a “monopoly holder.”
- Israel’s M&A market set for continued growth
Year after year, Israel’s M&A market continues to flourish, setting new records for value in every year since 2016. In 2018 the country set a new record, logging over USD25 billion over 100 deals.
- New Restrictions on Hedge Funds in Israel
The Israel Securities Authority recently published a staff position that has material implications on the hedge fund sector in Israel and on the investor public. This position was issued against the backdrop of a judgment handed down by the Tel Aviv District Court in the Integral Fund case – a hedge fund that caused heavy losses to the hundreds of investors who invested in it. In this case, the court ruled that the provisions of the Joint Investment Trust Law apply to the fund and therefore Integral Fund breached the regulatory obligations that apply to it.
- Dramatic Decision on the Taxation of Trusts in Israel
The Tel Aviv District Court handed down a decision a few days ago rejecting the Israel Tax Authority’s (ITA) position on the conveyance of real estate properties to trusts. This decision dramatically changes the taxation of trusts in Israel.
- The Schrems Saga Continues: Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority Revokes Transfer Authorizations
Citing the European Court of Justice’s (ECJ) October 6, 2015 decision in Schrems v. Data Protection Commissioner, which invalidated the EU Commission’s Safe Harbor decision, the Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority (ILITA) announced, on October 19, 2015, that it was revoking its prior...
- Thoughts for Board and Senior Management of Israeli Public Companies
We have set out below observations for board members and senior management of Israeli companies based on our experiences of the last year....
- Outlook for M&A in Israel: Execs expect the bull run to continue: Israel M&A, by the numbers
Our third annual survey finds that a bullish outlook and the ascendance of domestic and Asian buyers could make 2019 a standout year.... ...Selected charts provide an overview of 2018 performance, including M&A value and volume, top deals, leading sectors and top inbound bidders....
- Israel Securities Authority Demands Being Granted Authority to Supervise Underwriters and Distributors
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) recently published a proposal for amending the Securities Law as to the supervision of underwriters and distributors. The ISA aims to add a section to the law that would authorize it to establish regulations for underwriters and distributors for purposes of...
- Initiative to Increase Population Density in Residences
The National Committee for Planning and Construction has approved the Planning Administration’s initiative to amend the provisions of TAMA 35. The planned amendment will update the calculation method for the level of population density, from the number of residential units per square kilometer to...
- Trends in Legal Terms in Venture Financings in Israel - (2009 Annual Survey)
We have analyzed the terms of venture financings for Israeli and Israeli-related technology companies that reported raising money in 2009. Our survey does not include financing rounds of less than US $500,000. The tables below also show, for purposes of comparison, the results of our previously...
- Trends in Legal Terms in Venture Financings in Israel - First Half 2015
Background —We have analyzed the terms of venture financings for Israeli and Israeli-related technology companies that reported raising money during H1 2015. Our survey does not include financing rounds of less than US $500,000. The tables below also show, for purposes of comparison, the results of ...
- Israeli Supreme Court grants injunctive relief to Bitcoin trading company against its bank
On 25 February 2018, the Israeli Supreme Court, in what appears to be a landmark decision, granted temporary relief in favour of a crypto-currency (Bitcoin) trading company, Bits of Gold Limited (BoG) against its bank, Bank Leumi (Leumi)....
- Outlook for M&A in Israel: Execs expect the bull run to continue: Optimism about M&A is stronger than ever
Deals targeting Israeli companies hit an all-time high of US$26.5 billion in 2018, from 103 deals—an increase of 4.5 percent in terms of value compared to 2017. Much of this increase was due to a jump in domestic dealmaking, which increased 178 percent over 2018 to almost US$8.1 billion as deal...
- Bill to Amend the Investment Advice Law to Allow General Investment Advice without a License
The Israel Securities Authority (ISA) recently published a draft bill for the Regulation of Investment Advice, Investment Marketing and Investment Portfolio Management Law, 5755-1995 (the “Advice Law”). The purpose of the bill is to regulate the area of of general investment advice services and to ...