JD Supra Israel
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. (69)
- White & Case LLP (17)
- Fenwick & West LLP (7)
- Holland & Knight LLP (4)
- International Lawyers Network (4)
- Dentons (2)
- Cozen O'Connor (2)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (2)
- Allen & Overy LLP (2)
- Sullivan & Worcester (2)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (2)
- Mintz (2)
- McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP (2)
- Orrick - Financial Industry Review (1)
- BakerHostetler (1)
- Cohen & Gresser LLP (1)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (1)
- Knobbe Martens (1)
- Goodwin (1)
- Planet Depos, LLC (1)
- Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC (1)
- Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) (1)
- Cohen & Buckmann P.C. (1)
- Haug Partners LLP (1)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (1)
- Sanford Millar (1)
- Mintz - Health Care Viewpoints (1)
- Morgan Lewis (1)
- Service Users Must Now Hold Hearing Procedures for Service Providers’ Employees
The National Labor Court recently handed down an important ruling that concerns many employers in the market engaged with service provider companies. The National Labor Court ruled that although there were no employee-employer relations between the employee and its employer in this matter, the service user still had to take part in the employee’s…
- It Is Time to Come Back Home: Investors Can Now Enjoy a Reduced Purchase Tax
Israeli Minister of Finance Israel Katz’s plan to reduce purchase tax for investors has gone into effect. Until now, under plans advanced by the previous Minister of Finance, Moshe Kahlon, for lowering housing prices and pushing investors out of the real estate market, the purchase tax for investors went up from 5% to 8%…
- Labor Law- An Important Update for Employers
There have been a few recent updates to statutory provisions and administrative procedures regarding employees and employers during the COVID-19 outbreak. Here are the main points: In a decision handed down on 27.7.2020, the Supreme Court, sitting as the High Court of Justice, repealed an order given on 4.2.2020 by Prof. Sigal Sadetzki, former…
- Apartment Sale Delayed because of COVID-19? Home Upgraders Eligible for an Extension
Apartment owners experiencing difficulty selling their old apartments are entitled to a seven-month extension in which to sell, and the Israel Tax Authority will not count this period for tax purposes.
- Are Publicity Brochures for Apartment Developers Considered an Agreement?
Developers and entrepreneurs often market apartments for sale using glossy prospectuses and state-of-the-art simulations that purport to represent to the buyer the apartment they are about to purchase. Sometimes, though, there is no connection between the information in the brochures and the apartment one purchased. The question arises of whether such publicity materials constitute a…
- Dividend Distribution in Times of Covid-19 - Barnea
The recent distribution of dividends by the TASE traded Fox-Wizel Ltd., while in receipt of emergency funding from the Israeli government, did not only raise a moral question, but also directed the spotlight on the complexity facing many companies during these times. A key question facing companies is how to balance between dealing with the…
- Fintech Companies: New Program to Facilitate Regulatory Reliefs
Although Israel is a world leader in the fintech field, companies operating in this area face many regulatory challenges. A newly published legal memorandum aims to enable the creation of a “sandbox”, with inspiration from various programs already implemented in Japan, Australia, and Singapore. The goal is to establish a unique experimental environment, a…
- Remuneration Policy: New Reliefs for Officers' Insurance
The Israel Securities Authority announced a new relief for public companies regarding directors’ and officers’ liability insurance. This relief will enable companies to include in remuneration policies only the scope of the insurance coverage, without the other parameters required to date.
- Banks Required to Share Information about Clients with Other Financial Bodies
As part of a broad change led by the Ministry of Finance to increase competition in the banking and financial services market, a memorandum for the Provision of Financial Information Services was recently published for public comments.
- Israel: How to Identify Suspicious Use of Virtual Currencies
Prompted by the use of digital currencies to fund terror and other illegal activity, the Israel Money Laundering and Terror Financing Prohibition Authority has published a document aimed at assisting financial bodies and law enforcement agencies to identify improper activity in this field.
- Israeli Tax Authority Extends Deadline to Register Family Trusts and Elect Tax Regime
On June 29, 2015, the Israeli Tax Authority extended the deadline for registration of Family Trusts (sometimes referred to as Relatives Trusts), which are trusts created by a non-Israeli grantor for the benefit of one or more Israeli resident beneficiaries, from June 30, 2015, to December 31, 2015....
- News Round Up - December 2017
The Short Field Guide to IPOs - For many years, most successful companies followed a relatively predictable capital-raising path. A lot has changed. The companies that tend to pursue IPOs in recent years are more mature, better capitalized, and often seek to pursue IPOs for different...
- E-2 Visas Now Available for Israeli Nationals
After a long wait, the U.S. Department of State has announced that a treaty investor agreement has finally been executed between Israel and the United States. Effective today, May 1, 2019, Israeli citizens may now apply for the E-2 visa classification at the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv....
- 2019 Opportunities in the Israeli Market
For over twenty years, and despite the many internal and external challenges unique to Israel, Israel’s economy has demonstrated continued strength, growth and stability. In 2019, Israel remains “the Start-Up Nation” and a leader of technological innovation. Thanks to its strong currency, active...
- The Gap between Increasing the Agricultural Value Chain and Regulation
There is no dispute as to the national importance of agriculture. Over many decades, agriculture has been synonymous with “settlement,” “pioneering,” and “Zionism.” Jewish immigrants arrived from all corners of the diaspora, settled, worked the land, and made the wilderness flower. Indeed,...
- Amending Protocol to Israel-UK Tax Treaty to Take Effect in Early January 2020
An amending protocol to the 1962 Israel-UK tax treaty is effective as of January 1, 2020. The protocol includes a long list of significant and fundamental amendments and updates to the treaty, among them......
- Startup Funding in the Coronavirus Era
Get up in the morning, go to work, sit in meetings, pick up the kids from school, go to the grocery store, work out at the gym, or just meet up with friends and family. It’s hard to believe that until a few weeks ago this described a normal day for most people. It’s clear…...
- Dividend Distribution in Times of Covid-19 - Barnea
The recent distribution of dividends by the TASE traded Fox-Wizel Ltd., while in receipt of emergency funding from the Israeli government, did not only raise a moral question, but also directed the spotlight on the complexity facing many companies during these times. A key question facing companies ...
- The Schrems Saga Continues: Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority Revokes Transfer Authorizations
Citing the European Court of Justice’s (ECJ) October 6, 2015 decision in Schrems v. Data Protection Commissioner, which invalidated the EU Commission’s Safe Harbor decision, the Israeli Law, Information and Technology Authority (ILITA) announced, on October 19, 2015, that it was revoking its prior...
- Thoughts for Board and Senior Management of Israeli Public Companies
We have set out below observations for board members and senior management of Israeli companies based on our experiences of the last year....